09 October 2009

Hannover

a few days ago i took the train to Hannover with my aupair family. the grandmother lives there, and the parents had a convention to attend. the kids and i spent most of our time feeding ducks by the canal and collecting mountains of acorns on the playground (and reading; now it's the bell jar).

and then somehow i found myself on on busy subway car in a big city, with three children in tow, on my way to a german "Biotechnica" convention.

i haven't taken a science class in over five years, and i have never taken one in german, so the convention didn't interest me much. an attractive man in a very nice suit tried to convince me to take a poster (of his company's chemical "Farbstoff" scale), and it was then that i ducked out, left the kids with their parents, took the subway into the citycenter. i wandered the streets of Hannover in the dark, in the rain, all by myself, just like the good old days.

No comments: