23 July 2009

the mountain that conquered me

on monday marc and i attempted to summit Mt. Gould, which is a badass peak at the back of our valley. we climbed it from the back side, cutting up off the highline trail, where the mountain looks a little tamer. it's a gnarly mountain though, and we kept getting cliffed-out...until we gave up.

we did achieve some sort of vista (from Gem Glaicer on the Garden Wall), and i ate my lunch on a cliff at the top of the world.

on the way down i tossed my pack down a cliff to make my descent easier. it landed wrong, rolled of the lower cliff, and rolled down the mountain. marc and i found it alright, but my camera did not survive the plummet, which is why i have no photos of yesterday's climb to Snowmoon Lake/Falling Leaf Lake.

new on my to-do list: buy new camera. and try Mt. Gould again.

No comments: